Monday, August 6, 2012

Joyful Diligence

Dear Friends,

 It has been a long time since I posted! This summer has been so busy with all of the lovely produce we have been getting. I have been so busy canning, freezing, dehydrating, etc! It always seems in the midst of summer with all of the heat and work of the harvest that a lot of our Lord's words seem clearer than ever. I have been thinking mostly on the verses that discuss diligence vs. laziness. So many times this summer I have thought of how tired I am and have been lazy!  It seems as if there is a never ending list of things to do.  So, I have been comtemplating this lovely work the Lord has given me to do and have found myself lacking in diligence. Ouch! I have been quite convicted of this. It seems too that along with my laziness has come complaining as well. Why do those two always seem to be best friends? Laziness and discontent.

 Well, no more! I have been praying earnestly and asking that Lord if He might, through His grace, transform my heart more and more each day to be a diligent and grateful worker. I long for my home to be a place of beauty, joy, and rest for my husband and boys. With diligent and joyful work in my home, I can accomplish this desire. Would you pray for me as well- that I might glorify the Lord more with my happy heart of diligent service?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts or comments!