Friday, March 16, 2012

The Silver Key


 "Before you can teach children, you must get the silver key of kindness to unlock their hearts, and so secure their attention."
- Charles Spurgeon

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;  it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

    "And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach..."
-2 Timothy 2:24
"And so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."
- Titus 2:3-4

 "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."
- Ephesians 4:32

I find myself convicted today of my own impatience and unkindness towards my precious children. In repentance I have come before the Lord.and have asked Him to allow my heart to be so set on Christ that His love may overflow in my voice and actions towards my children."

What a beautiful and wonderful Lord we serve- He forgives all of our sin.

"As God in Christ forgave you"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts or comments!