Monday, March 19, 2012

Delightful Prayer

"I have called upon Thee, for Thou wilt hear me, O God: incline Thine ear
unto me, and hear my speech" .
--PS. xvii. 6.

"Ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us."
--PS. lxii. 8.

"Whate'er the care which breaks thy rest,
Whate'er the wish that swells thy breast;
Spread before God that wish, that care,
And change anxiety to prayer."

JANE CREWDSON.

"Trouble and perplexity drive us to prayer, and prayer driveth away trouble
and perplexity."

P. MELANCTHON.

"Whatsoever it is that presses thee, go tell thy Father; put over the matter
into His hand, and so thou shalt be freed from that dividing, perplexing
care that the world is full of. When thou art either to do or suffer
anything, when thou art about any purpose or business, go tell God of it,
and acquaint Him with it; yea, burden Him with it, and thou hast done for
matter of caring; no more care, but quiet, sweet diligence in thy duty,
and dependence on Him for the carriage of thy matters. Roll thy cares, and
thyself with them, as one burden, all on thy God."

R. LEIGHTON.

What encouragement to bring all before the Lord today! "No more care, but quiet, sweet diligence in thy duty, and dependence on Him for the carriage of thy matters". It is my prayer that today (and every other day too!) my life would exhibit this, especially to my children. I am hoping to find some precious time alone today to come before the Lord in prayer.

This selection is taken from the book "Daily Strength for Daily Needs" by Mary Tileston for March 14th. You can find this book free online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts or comments!