Monday, November 12, 2012

Prayer for Our Nation Mondays- Alabama

I have decided to add a new feature to this blog. All of the events and controversies surrounding the election just made me realize how much our nation needs the precious gospel of Jesus Christ and how much we must pray for this before our Sovereign Lord. So, on Mondays, I will post my prayers for our nation and I hope that you will post your prayers in the comments section. Let us join together in pleading with the Lord for our nation. I thought that I would pray state by state. So, let's start alphabetically shall we? First up is Alabama.


Dear wonderful Heavenly Father, I just pray for the state of Alabama. I ask Lord that you would cause your Word and the gospel of Jesus Christ to go out in a mighty way throughout the state. Please raise up men and women who are consumed by your Word and sound doctrine. Give strength to those who are already serving you in the state and allow them to be filled with your grace. I pray that you would soften the hearts of those who do not know your precious name and allow the seeds of the gospel to thrive. Please Lord, delight in saving those who are lost in Alabama. Blessed by Your precious name. Amen.

I must confess that I feel nervous typing out my prayers. They are not eloquent and hardly have any right words. But, the Lord knows my weakness and temerity, so I will just trust His name.

"Pray often, for prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God, and a scourge for Satan. "  ~ John Bunyan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts or comments!