Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Come Lord Jesus

We have a wonderful friend who loves God's Word with all of his heart and has spent years studying Bible prophecy and the end times. He also fighting a rare cancer which seems to make every word that comes out of his mouth even more precious. Lately, we were able to speak to him more and ask questions about the end times. It was so wonderful to be able to hear him speak so passionately about God's precious Word and the blessed hope of the return of our Lord. I was completely convicted of my own apathy towards His word and my own lack of knowledge as well. I found myself asking- "When was the last time I was brought to tears over a passage of Scripture because of its precious truth?" Oh, that my heart would be so full! Oh, that I would learn to delight in God's Word alone!

As my last post stated, I have become more aware of the need for teaching beauty and truth to my children. I have been thinking that there is no more beautiful truth that the hope we have in Jesus. It is this above all else that I need to be teaching my children- a reverence and love for God's Word. I want my children and myself to be "pure and blameless" when Christ comes.

Where are you today, dear reader? Are you, like me, apathetic towards the One who died to win you? Are your affections growing every day for Him and looking for His blessed return? Or, like me, have you become distracted? If so, perhaps you will join me at the foot of the cross in repentance and in the renewal found in His Word.

     "And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." (Philippians 1:9-11 ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts or comments!